Sunday, April 6, 2014

Lightning over Long Branch

Here's a video I shot in Long Branch a few years ago.  It was shot using a point-n-shoot digital camera, a Canon SD1100.

The half minute clip shows the lightening strike 4 times.  First, as the camera recorded it (which would be 30 frames per second).  Then, I slowed it down to half speed.  Then I slowed it down to 1/4 speed.  Finally, I froze the image on the frame where the lightning hits the ground.

For any New Jersey divers out there, the video is looking over Saint Alfonso's retreat in Long Branch, which is where the "Dual Wrecks" are in 30 feet of water, about 150 feet from the beach.  I don't know if the iron in the wrecks has anything to do with the lightning strike, perhaps someone more knowledgeable about the wrecks or lightning will post an opinion:



As always, thanks for sharing, and DSAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment