Sunday, March 16, 2014

Hurricane Sandy Beach Replenishment

Thanks to the generosity of the Federal Government, and the courtesy of the US Army Corp of Engineers, beach replenishment projects are ongoing all along the New Jersey coast.

I've been filming the work for the past few months, and have put together this short minute long video showing how the process works.  It's really quite amazing, they are actually moving the coastline further out into the sea.  Of course, the sea will push it right back, but it's still quite a project to view.


I hope you enjoy the video, and forgive my bad jokes.

I don't know how you feel about it, but the air's warming up, Weather Underground reports Sandy Hook water temperature at 39 degrees (just six degrees below my limit), Lobster season opens on April 1st, my dry suit just went for a trip to DUI, and I can't wait to get back into the water.

Thank for reading my blog and sharing with your friends -- and DSAO!

ScubaDave

No comments:

Post a Comment